May 5, 2010

Wrong no.

My shortest post ever.

Tring tring. Tring tring.

Lazily, I reached over to the table to my right and picked up my phone. A strange number flashed itself in my face. Now, it is worth mentioning that I am a Sales Engineer with a reputed company (i know .. i know..) and as all my brethren do, I am mortally afraid of calls. Due to this, I remember most of the numbers who are likely to call me when there is trouble brewing in my paradise.

(But there is one more level to this. These people sometimes call from hitherto unknown numbers and catch me lying through my teeth)

Looking at this strange number amused me. I picked it up.

R - "Hello."

Anon Caller- "Hello. Jayaram"

I took this as an introduction. Dont blame me .. the tone was such.

R - "Ha Bolo."

Anon Caller- "Kya &*^*&^&%*& ". This was said in the way guys normally address each other.

R - "Excuse me..!!"

Anon Caller- "Abe.. ^*&^*^*%&$^% "

R - "I think you have dialed a wrong number" I wasn't about to lose my cool over some innocent mistake.

Anon Caller- "Huh. You are saying you are a wrong number?"

Noting the error, I was amused to no end.

What else could i reply?

"Yup. I am a wrong number."

Click.

This just happened to me .. so this is an almost live post.

3 comments:

TheAksReflection said...

abey... %$##@*$$*$&(*%! ...hehe

TheAksReflection said...

@rajivius, nobody else commented on ur post... what a pity...koi padh raha hai kya

Rahul said...

a writer writes for himself. keep writing, i enjoy all your posts!